Sunday, June 28, 2009

Hello World!


Hello! This would have to be my first blog post on my Schwinn Stingray Chopper Build. What this blog will be about is the process of turning a regular old bicycle into a gas powered speed machine using a chinese 80cc (66cc) engine. I decided to create this blog for all those people who need help on building one of these. My chosen method of this build is motorized only, so I won't be able to pedal on this, I will use a pull start. But it is the same method as if you kept the chain on. Mind you I am only 16 so please excuse any ill terminology and vocabulary. :) I got my bike for this build off of craigslist, I suggest you do the same and save some cash. My bike had some rust on it and some scratches, but I am pretty sure I will be repainting this bike. So i guess for day one I took off the tires, broke the chain so I could take that off, took off the rust, fork, handlebars, brakes, seat,and some stickers. I am currently on a forum called http://www.motorbicycling.com/ I love that place even though I am VERY new. I talked to a guy by the username of Retmachinist. He offered to help me with my seat upgrade. I have a limited budget so this blog will have a rough patch during the later month of july. I really am excited to show you all how it goes. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Hi I am also building a chopper. I had a schwinn chopper 2 years ago, and me and my dumb self didnt see the huge gap in the middle for a motor. I bought my bike on craigs list aswell so we are on the same path.If yo have an aim messege me so we can talk more about were me and you are and the problems that we are both havingwith ths build. My screen name is ceomicro123

    ReplyDelete