Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Motor and pegs update



Hello again! Well today I got my motor! It's my friends old 47cc pocket bike engine. I had a pocket bike with this engine before and really liked it. The only reason I decided to build the occ was because it was too small for me. So now that I got the motor checked off my list I worked on a fix for my foot pegs. I couldn't weld the pedals because the welding shop I went to said it wouldn't hold. So I got the old foot pegs from my pocket bike I had left over and put them on. They look pretty good. I also ordered my tail lights, stickers, and I decided to go with ape hanger handlebars. So the bars should come on friday and the other stuff should also come soon. I will be building a custom mounting plate for the motor with some scrap metal from my local metal shop XD. That's all for now. Will keep you posted for updates soon.

EDIT: I decided to scrap the pocketbike engine idea. It would come out to be more expensive in the long run. I am still going with the regular bike engine. It will be 49cc.

No comments:

Post a Comment